The EMABG welcomes leading academics and practitioners in subjects related to animal breeding and genetics to join the programme as invited guest lecturers.
The scholars and guest lecturers contribute to the EMABG programme with lectures on the state of the art of topics from animal breeding and genetics, and provide their vision for the future topics. We invite world-known experts to teach whole courses or give lectures on their field of expertise. This is not only limited to animal breeding scientists, but may also include experts from neighbouring fields (e.g. plant breeding, conservation genetics) or from basic science fields (e.g. statistics, molecular genetics, and bioinformatics).
Guest lecturers are expected to hold courses or seminars in their field of expertise at a Consortium university within the EMABG programme.
They can visit for the joint curricular elements (Welcome Course, Summer Course, …) or during the two years of the master programme at the Consortium universities.
Guest lecturers …
- can come from institutions inside or outside the European Union
- should ideally spend a minimum of one week (four consecutive working days) at the host university
- must participate in the EMABG for the full duration of their stay
- must bring concrete added value to the programme and students
- must have adequate health, accident and travel insurance coverage, including repatriation costs and civic liability coverage
- must sign the EMABG scholar agreement before starting their activities
- must have an excellent level of English
- must fill in a scholar’s survey after the visiting scholar activity
- must provide a certificate of attendance from the respective Consortium university
- must contribute to the promotion and dissemination of the EMABG after their activity
- with special needs are encouraged to apply
The applicants are evaluated by the EMABG consortium based on
- their scientific and teaching quality
- their professional experience in the domain of animal breeding and genetics
- their contribution to the EMABG course and student employability
- and their application documents
Applicants will be contacted for further information or regarding their proposed course contents.
Invited scholars will receive:
- EUR 130€ per day for accommodation and subsistence.
- travel costs will be reimbursed based on the real costs for economy/2nd class tickets, i.e. on the invoices submitted.
Participants have to ask the EMABG coordinator at BOKU for approval of the planned travel costs before booking their flight/train etc.
To apply, please fill in the application form available under this link and submit it to our e-mail address together with the requested documents.
Last updated: 25.11.2019