Please check that you meet the following requirements for EMABG:
- Academic Bachelor of Science Degree (minimum 180 ECTS) in animal science. An equivalent degree from related fields, such as agricultural sciences, veterinary medicine, zoology, botany, microbiology or similar is also accepted, if basics of genetics or animal breeding knowledge is documented in the transcript of records.
- Language Proficiency: A good knowledge of English is a prerequisite for an application.
- Students are required to pass a language proficiency exam meeting the following minimum requirements:
- TOEFL IBT: at least 90-91 (minimum of 20 in the sub-score “speaking”)
- TOEFL paper based or ITP cannot be accepted.
- TOEFL IBT Special Home Edition can be accepted but students might have to take another test for their second year university.
- ACADEMIC IELTS: at least 6.0 (minimum of 6.0 in the sub-score “speaking”)
- CAMBRIDGE CAE/C1 Advanced: score between 180-210, Grade C
- CAMBRIDGE CPE/C2 Proficiency: score between 180-230 or Grade C
The language proficiency certificates should have been taken no longer than two years before the application deadline.
The information on this homepage describes the current requirements. The details on the application database have not been updated yet.
Note the following conditions
(updated for applications for 2023 intake):
- Applicants who already hold a MSc degree in a similar field of studies, cannot be accepted at University of Goettingen
- Applicants who have completed their Bachelor or Master Degree in one of the following countries do not need to submit an English language proficiency certificate:
Australia, Ireland, Canada (except those educated at universities in Quebec), New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States of America.
– The programme was conducted completely in the English language.
– The programme was not part of a double degree programme where part of the programme was conducted in a different country
– The programme must have been a on campus programme
- Applicants from these countries should upload their passport (again) in the specific section in the application database.
All other applicants have to submit sufficient results of an English language proficiency certificate as stated in the admission requirements.
We cannot accept proof of means of education in English from any country other than the ones mentioned above.
Please note: The Consortium partners have the right to request any applicant to submit an English language proficiency test.
Last updated: 03.11.2022