Note the following conditions:
- Applicants who already hold a MSc degree in a similar field of studies, cannot be accepted at Georg-August University Goettingen.
- Applicants who have completed their Bachelor or Master Degree in one of the following countries do not need to submit an English language proficiency certificate:
Australia, Ireland, Canada (except those educated at universities in Quebec), New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- Applicants who have completed their Bachelor studies at a Dutch university do not need to submit an English language proficiency certificate.
- Applicants who have completed a fully English taught Bachelor at a Dutch university of Applied Sciences (HBO) are exempted from submitting an English language proficiency certificate. They are required to upload a signed statement from their institution that the medium of instruction during the complete Bachelor’s programme they followed was English.
- Nationals of one of the following countries who have completed their Bachelor or Master degree in their home country are strongly encouraged to submit sufficient results of an English proficiency test. If this is not possible, a signed statement for the university that the medium of instruction during their complete Bachelor programme was English is needed:
Akrotiri*, American Samoa**, Anguilla*, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda*, Botswana, British Virgin Islands*, British Indian Ocean Territory*, Caribbean, Cameroon, Cayman Islands*, Christmas Island***, Coconut Island***, Cook Islands, Curacao, Dhekelia*, Dominica, Falkland Islands*, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar*, Grenada, Guam**, Guernsey, Guyana, India, Isle of Man, Jamaica, Jersey, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Mauritius, Montserrat*, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Niue, Northern Mariana Islands**, Norfolk Island***, Papua New Guinea, Pakistan, Philippines, Pitcairn Islands*, Puerto Rico**, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha*, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands*, Tuvalu, Uganda, United States Virgin Islands, Vanuatu, Zambia, Zimbabwe
* United Kingdom Overseas Territories
** US Territories
*** Australian Territories
All other applicants have to submit sufficient results of an English language proficiency certificate as stated in the admission requirements.
Please note: The Consortium partners have the right to request any applicant to submit an English language proficiency test.